Sunday 22 February 2015

Inquisition (Col) - Anxious Death 12" (1990)


Inquisition (Col) - Anxious Death 12" (1990)

For me, this is the holy grail of all metal releases out of the depths of Colombia.  With most band you are hard pressed to find a band who has top tier musicianship and even rarer to find something exquisitely crafted like this.  This is as far from what the band sounds like these days as you can get. It is relentless, non-stop aggressive Thrash, each track clocking in at about 9 minutes long and packed full of riffs. People have said to me this compares a lot to early Kreator and I can see some similarities, especially in the vocal delivery.  They sound so frantic, and I love that.  But I am not the biggest Kreator fan and I would pick this over them any day.

After this was released, a demo with songs about half as long as what is found on here was released. Afterwards, Dagon moved back to the USA, found another drummer and continued as a two piece playing their unique style of Black Metal that they are known for today.  Don't get me wrong, I love the style Inquisition play these days and have even been lucky enough to see them live 4 times now. But I would have loved to have been able to see them play when they still were a Thrash band like what is found here.

Tracklisting:
  1. Anxious Death
  2. Hacia La Cripta Eterna
  3. Low Superiority
Country: Colombia
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

No comments:

Post a Comment