Thursday 17 January 2013

Manilla Road (USA) - Metal (1982)


Manilla Road (USA) - Metal (1982)

What we have here is the second Manilla Road recording (technically its their third album, but more on that in a later post).  Compared to their earlier stuff this one here sounds a bit more like what they were doing on Crystal Logic but just a little rawer.  I've tried to find the best photo I can of the original cover design, but most of what you see on the internet are from CD releases, dammit.  I do not possess the ability to scan a 12" record in full at one time as of yet, but that will come soon.  So watch out!  Contained within this album is one of my all time favourite Manilla Road tracks.  I might say that for a few songs, but I can't have just one.  The song is Cage Of Mirrors, and what a song it is!  I'll let you hear it for yourself, it has to be heard.  It also has a song about a popular video game at the time and a re-recording of Far Side Of The Sun that omits the long intro from the version heard on Invasion.

Tracklisting:

  1. Enter The Warrior
  2. Defender
  3. Queen Of  The Black Coast
  4. Metal
  5. Out Of Control With Rock & Roll
  6. Cage Of Mirrors
  7. Far Side Of The Sun
Country: USA
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment