Tuesday 6 August 2013

Sledgehammer (UK) - Sledgehammer 7" (1979)


Sledgehammer (UK) - Sledgehammer 7" (1979)

Back in the Angel Witch (UK) - Sweet Danger 7" (1980) post I mentioned there was a strange feeling I got from early NWOBHM singles.  I guess its the technology and the times that does it, but this is one of the main culprits of those feelings for me.  To be honest, I can't quite put my finger on it.  If anyone has read the book about the history of Hellhammer/Celtic Frost you would have heard this mentioned alongside Venom and A-II-Z as being an influence.  This is another English trio that seems to be able to make some powerful songs.  The A side definitely deserves the title of Sledgehammer because it certainly feels as though it has the power of one behind every note.  That intro gets me every time too.

Tracklisting:
  1. Sledgehammer
  2. Feelgood
Country: UK
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete