Thursday 25 May 2017

Messiah (Che) - Extreme Cold Weather (1987)


Messiah (Che) - Extreme Cold Weather (1987)

I always knew these guys were a bit strange and not at all serious, but this album cover still to this day confuses the hell out of me.  I knew the first album was a bit strange, but I thought it was maybe just them being Swiss chocolate eating freaks.  It wasn't until I finally had a copy of this album in my hands, looking at that polar bear, then reading the lyrics.  It was then when I read the lyrics to Extreme Cold Weather that I knew these guys were seriously just joking around and taking the piss. How can you not be with lyrics like these:

I hope I won't freeze my toes off,
cause then I will have to cough.
There is an icicle hanging from my bum,
and there lies my neighbour's frozen mum.

I rest my case.  Good album though.

Tracklisting:
  1. Extreme Cold Weather
  2. Enjoy Yourself
  3. Johannes Paul Der Letzte (Dedicated In Hate To Pope John Paul II)
  4. Hyper Borea
  5. Radezky March: We Hate To Be In The Army Now
  6. Nero
  7. Hymn To Abamelin
  8. Messiah
  9. Space Invaders
  10. Thrashing Madness
  11. Golden Dawn
  12. The Last Inferno
  13. Resurrection
  14. Olé Perversus
Country: Switzerland
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

No comments:

Post a Comment