Monday 16 March 2015

Phossatery (Bra) - Obscure Feelings (1994)


Phossatery (Bra) - Obscure Feelings (1994)

This is a real strange one.  This is your typical evil Brazillian 80's Thrash, except it was released in 1994.  Just goes to show that some styles continued on in obscurity very late in the game.  I had been after this for a very, VERY long time and was beginning to think it didn't even exist.  I was under the impression that since it was an LP pressed in 1994 there must not be many of these around, as is the case with many mid 90's releases.  The further you get into the 90's the less LPs were pressed and more CD's made due to the new format taking completely over at this time.  Most mid 90's records sell for insane amounts of money, even for very well known names.  Anyway, I actually ended up finding a copy and I had to have it, no matter what.  In all my time searching I had never seen one, so I wasn't going to let it get away.  The guy who sold it to me said that at the time it was pressed there was an error at the pressing plant and something went wrong and the audio recording sounded shit.  So the band stopped the pressing and I was told only about 30 actually made it out.  I am not sure if this is entirely true or not, just what I was told.  Whether that number is really is correct or not, there was still a low number produced and this thing is as rare as it gets.

The music itself though is very good.  Preaching Illusion intro going into Insane Scream is a bloodchilling experience and I rate this album just for that.  Afterwards it keeps the same pace and is more or less the same all the way to the end.  But I still recommend it highly, just for the first tracks and if you like that then there is no reason you won't enjoy the rest of it.  Truly a rarity to find something of this quality released in 1994.

Tracklisting:
  1. Preaching Illusion
  2. Insane Scream
  3. For Whom It May Concern
  4. Cruel Father
  5. Tied To The Past
  6. Death For Your Lies
  7. The Last Night
  8. Animal Commander
  9. Army Of Tomorrow
  10. I'm Innocent
  11. Depression
Country: Brazil
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

4 comments:

  1. It seems that a CD edition will never be done for this rare stuff.
    Your rip sounds better than the one that was spread on the net that had a thin sound,maybe ripped from an old tape.
    I am not an expert about vinyl ripping as I prefer CDs but I noticed that your rips are in mono single channel or no stereo effect.
    Anyways thank for your work and promoting Old school bands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there man, I'm a friend of ALL the PHOSSATERY guys, we where all parte of the same label, DARKOVER RECORDS, the story about the álbum isn't the truth, the álbum Washington repressed and The Last 700 copies were included as gift for those who bought in advance tickets for a DARKOVER Metal Festa, with bands like Dibbuk, Sanctum Pagan etc, my Band , Cannibal Clown and Dibbuk would be the Next releases of the label, but they had a problem during the 90's Brazilian economy crisis and sentido bank rupt so PHOSSATERY vexame their only known release, after that , the label released an compilation with several local bands, but when PHOSSATERY split all other projectos where avorted by DARKOVER recs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nunca teremos uma reunião com a formação original porque o vocalista virou crente

      Delete
  3. Hi there man, I'm a friend of ALL the PHOSSATERY guys, we where all parte of the same label, DARKOVER RECORDS, the story about the álbum isn't the truth, the álbum Washington repressed and The Last 700 copies were included as gift for those who bought in advance tickets for a DARKOVER Metal Festa, with bands like Dibbuk, Sanctum Pagan etc, my Band , Cannibal Clown and Dibbuk would be the Next releases of the label, but they had a problem during the 90's Brazilian economy crisis and sentido bank rupt so PHOSSATERY esse their only known release, but after that , the label released an compilation called Noise core with several local bands, but when PHOSSATERY split all other projects where aborted by DARKOVER recs.

    ReplyDelete