Friday 13 March 2015

Protector (Ger) - Misanthropy (1987)


Protector (Ger) - Misanthropy (1987)

Fuuuuck, if ever I had to describe what pure hate and evil sounded like, it would be this EP.  For something that didn't come from Brazil, which happens to be some of the angriest and most hate filled evil I have ever heard, this is a true contender.  Forget Kreator, to me they are the Slayer of Germany and as good as they are I just can't compare them with these guys.  When it comes to German bands, for me its all about Protector, Sodom, Destruction and of course Poison.  Nothing else sounds like this, its fast, the guitar sounds like it can cut like a razorblade and the vocals are the echo of the cavern of hell itself.  There is something about EPs, I can't quite explain it.  Some of my favourite releases are EPs.  Maybe it has something to do with a lot being debut recordings and bands having worked for so long and refining their songs and getting them just right then going to record and not having the money for a full length.  Then afterwards they have to go and make an album and a lot of the time songs are rushed and its not always as good.  I don't know, just the way I feel it happens sometimes.

Tracklisting:
  1. Intro
  2. Misanthropy
  3. Holy Inquisition
  4. Agoraphobia
  5. The Mercenary
  6. Kain And Abel
  7. Holocaust
Country: Germany
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

No comments:

Post a Comment