Friday 16 September 2016

Flames Of Hell (Ice) - Fire And Steel (1987)


Flames Of Hell (Ice) - Fire And Steel (1987)

I don't have a lot of time to be writing this shit every single day so I like try and get a few in every day or so.  That last post about that god awful Holocausto disappointment of an album really pissed me off so I thought I may have to fix that with a good album, and WHAT AN ALBUM.  This thing is from Iceland of all places, and it is HEAVY as ALL GET FUCKED.  That's right, that's how heavy it is.  1987 was a good year, you had Sarcofago, Mayhem and Poison all releasing some real heavy material but up until recently not many people seem to include this.

It's hard to explain exactly what the fuck this sounds like without actually hearing it for yourself.  The guitarwork is all fucked up, it sounds really weird and the production and tones are even more fucked up.  It's a strange beast.  It's almost like Cirith Ungol decided to play an early style of death or black metal.  The strange and over the top songwriting comes to mind in that sense, but you haven't heard strange and over the top like the fucking vocals on this thing.  I think that is where the biggest Cirith Ungol connection here is, but that's also where it stops.  It is unbelievable at times, what is this guy even doing?  I think I will just stop there.

Tracklisting:
  1. Fire And Steel
  2. Evil
  3. Heroes In Black
  4. From The Grave
  5. Our Time Is Coming
  6. Cut You Down
  7. Flames Of Hell
Country: Iceland
Bit Rate: 320kbps
Password: brownsock

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing....
    I actually praise this album a lot. I picked this when I thought extreme metal was boring already, because I got used to that and it didn't impress me anymore...
    Then came all this strange riffing, this heavy metal drumming and this... this... incredibly strange vocals.
    I have to say that it even scared me a little bit hahaha, and this was probably a similar reaction to what people felt when listening to Hellhammer back in '83.

    ReplyDelete